I am buying a house that has damaged duct work that is insulated with asbestos. The seller wants to pay the contractor out of escrow at closing, but my realtor thinks it is safer for me to pay for the repairs and get reimbursed from escrow. His worry is that the contractor would not start the work until a few days before escrow closes and risks not finishing the job. What would be the concern in waiting for the last week to do the work? The house is one story, 1900 square feet.
Trevor ~ Los Angeles, California