Filing a Complaint Against a Contractor

Answered by Brendan ~ March 8, 2010 ~ Comments

Apparently our contractor has not paid his subs. I filed a complaint with the CSLB in Sacramento, but we're hounded by collectors. What else can we do?

Bobby D. ~ Salinas, California

Brendan Fowler

Filing a complaint with the CSLB is exactly what you should do. You may also want to contact the CSLB and find out what your options are in this situation. If subs failed to file pre-lien notices with you, then they will have very little leverage in this situation.

The CSLB was established to protect and assist the consumer with all business conducted by both licensed and unlicensed contractors. Without knowing the details of the contract, the status of liens and lien notices, it will be difficult for me to give you specific direction.

A consultation with a lawyer who specializes in this area, depending on what kind of money is at stake, could be money well spent.

5 Responses to “Filing a Complaint Against a Contractor”

From the Reliable Remodeler Directory

You may be interested in these California Home Improvement Contractors: