Adding Molding Around My Windows

Answered by Brendan ~ July 9, 2010 ~ No Comments

I want to add molding around my windows, specifically crown molding in both my bathrooms. Do I need a general contractor for this type of work? Or perhaps a handyman to do the project? I have 4 windows in the living room dining area that I want to frame in crown molding as well.

Arlene M. ~ Santa Rosa, California

Brendan Fowler

Since you are talking about a fair amount of work that you want done, you will at the very least need a licensed contractor. A handyman may be able to do this type of job, but if they are not licensed, and the job is going to cost more than $500 for labor and materials, an unlicensed handyman or general contractor, would be breaking the law in California by doing the work. I think it would be best to start by calling a licensed general contractor. I would also recommend getting a couple of bids from different contractors, and make a decision based on the bids, about the direction that you want to go with the project. Good Luck!

No Responses to “Adding Molding Around My Windows”

From the Reliable Remodeler Directory

You may be interested in these California Home Improvement Contractors: